Skin toning is a process to treat the uneven skin tones. It has various benefits like cleansing skin, removingexcess oil, maintaining the skin’s pH balance, reducing pores and dark spots. In simple words it is a skin cleansing process which is usually done with help of toner, serums, oils and moisturisers and sometimes a Gua Sha Stone.
Our skin relies on steady supply on oxygenated blood and nutrients to function properly. Good blood circulation supplies blood to your skin, keeping pores open to maintain fresh and healthy skin. If there is no proper blood circulation to the skin cells, it might affect your collagen production which will lead to skin issues like wrinkles, fine lines and spots.
Skin rollers or face rollers help stimulate your blood flow to your face and helps it look more brighter and reduce puffiness as well. They help enhance mood and also helps in proper application and distribution of your skin care product. A Gua Sha Stone is a type of face roller which helps relive tension, sculpt the skin and improve circulation. They are available in variety of sizes and shapes but usually they are tapered so that there is small edge that can be used near the eyes and nose.
The main benefits of using this is that it helps give your skin a lifted appearance, helps in skin tightening especially cheekbones and a more defined jaw line, helps depuff your cheeks and helps promote lymphatic drainage which will helps remove fluid and toxins from your system.
It also helps to ease the tension causing ageing signs like fine lines and wrinkles. It is important to follow a proper technique while using a Gua Sha stone to get the desired results.
Here are the steps to be followed while using the Gua Sha Stone:
1. Wash and clean your Gua Sha Stone with lukewarm water before and after using it
2. Cleanse your face first with a cleanser and apply a small amount of toner evenly on your face
3. Take some face oil /face serum (You can try the OZiva Youth Elixir Anti Ageing Face Serum for the best results) and apply and dab it evenly on your face and neck area. It helps the stone to glide easily .
4. Take the stone and move the Gua Sha Stone from down to upward direction on different parts of your face and skin like shoulder, neck, jawline, cheeks, chin, forehead, under the eyes and brows etc.
You can follow a ten minute routine on your face and neck areas with the Gua Sha Stone and face serum.
- Jawline and chin: Glide your tool upwards from the center of the chin out to the earlobe to contour the jaw.
- Forehead: Start at the center of the forehead and divide your forehead into three sections and glide your tool outwards. Scrape once, then move down a bit and scrape again.
- Cheek: Start at the nose and work upwards in a sweeping motion along the cheeks and cheekbones, moving outwards toward your ears. Scrape once, then move down a bit and scrape again, move down a bit more to the center of the chin and scrape again.
- Under eye: Start in the inner corner of the eye and glide outwards to the temple.
- Brows: Glide upwards along the brow bone – going from the inside out.
- Lips: Glide over your lips back and forth about five times for a plumping effect.
- Neck: Section your neck into four areas and scrape each section from the bottom up.
You can do this routine 3-4 times a week for 5-10 minutes each time for good results.
You can use OZiva’s Youth Elixir Anti Ageing Face Serum while doing this facial therapy this serum will help reduce signs related to ageing like fine lines, wrinkles, open pores, dark spots, dullness etc and helps get glowing and healthy skin.
Take 3-4 drops of the serum apply on your face and neck area evenly and dab it and then use the Gua Sha stone as guided above for 5-10 min for effective results. Follow the routine for few months to get desired results. Read more on anti-ageing here.
Last modified: August 19, 2023