A ketogenic diet is all about going low on carb while you go higher with the fat. This diet trend has become increasingly popular due to the quick results it seems to impart.
As per the requisite of this diet, your total carbohydrate consumption should be lower than that of fat and protein. However, because the fat intake is supposed to be more it is essential to incorporate the right kind of fat to ensure that there is healthy fat loss happening.
Here are 3 recipes that are balanced with the right amount of fat, carbs and protein and can very much be a part of your keto diet.
- Crispy Paneer kebab
- 100gms Paneer
- 25gms Flaxseed Powder
- 30ml Coconut Milk
- 3tsp Ghee
- 1tbsp Mint Chutney
- Cut paneer into thick chunks
- Apply mint chutney on one side of two paneer slices and close like a sandwich
- Put coconut milk and flaxseed powder in two separate bowls
- Add salt and pepper to the flaxseed powder as per your taste
- Take each paneer sandwich and dip in coconut milk
- Dip coconut milk dipped paneer sandwich in flaxseed powder on all sides
- Brush some ghee on the non stick grill pan and keep it on medium heat
- Place paneer slices on the heated grill and cook on medium heat
- Flip them over to cook from all sides
- Serve when paneer gets crispy with rich golden color from outside.
|616 kcals||4gms Carbs||53gms Protein||23gms Fat|
- Grilled chicken
- 2 Chicken legs with thigh and back meat
- ¼th cup or 2 Tbsp Hung Full Fat Curd
- 2tbsp Olive Oil
- ½tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
- 1tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Green Chilly Chopped
- Salt to taste
- Wash the chicken well and pat dry
- Score the chicken all over
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients well to make a marinade for chicken
- Now add the chicken pieces to the bowl, and apply the marinade all over
- Keep the chicken in marinade for 4-5 hours, or for best results leave it overnight
- When you want to cook the chicken, just place it over non stick grill pan and start cooking on low heat
- Cook on one side for five to seven minutes and repeat the procedure with other side
- The chicken will get a delectable golden crust within 15 minutes
- Eat this delicious lunch or dinner with your favorite veggies
|472 kcals||5gms Carbs||53gms Protein||26gms Fat|
Suggested Read: Good Fats vs Bad Fats – What to include in Ketogenic Diet?
- Keto Trail mix
- 100ml Coconut Oil
- 100gms Almonds
- 30gms Grounded Flax Seeds
- 15gms Chia Seeds
- 1scoop OZiva Whey Protein Powder
- Rock Salt (optional)
- Place a thick bottomed pan on medium heat and pour coconut oil in it
- Grind almonds and put them in heated oil, keep stirring
- Add sweetener and keep stirring on low heat. If you feel that the oil is getting super hot, switch off the heat for three to four minutes
- Add grounded flax seeds and keep stirring
- Last, add whey protein and stir till mixture turns nice and sticky
- Add Chia seeds to the pan, mix well and remove from heat
- Line baking tin with parchment or butter paper and put the mixture in it
- Keep the tin in the deep freezer for at least two hours
- Once its set it will come out easily from the tin
- Cut them into small cubes and store in an air tight container in refrigerator
|174 kcals||1.3 gm. carbs||5 gm. protein||16 gm. fat|
Suggested Read: What Is A Good Protein Shake On Low Carb Ketogenic Diet?
Since Indian staples are rich in carbs, getting used to a keto diet can pose as challenging initially. However, you can use low carb sources for basic components of the meals that do not send your calculated macronutrient intake out of proportion.
Including the likes of low carb flour options, butter, paneer, cheese, dairy, gram four, poultry, lean meat, fatty fish, common local veggies and fruits can be very nutritious in addition to helping create an Indian-friendly keto plan.
Add OZIVA Protein & Herbs Shake to Your Diet if your diet is lacking in proteins.
If you want a detailed nutrition consultation, drop us a mail at email@example.com or call us on 9769298556 and our experts will
help you with your fitness goal