Paleo diet is typically based on the diet patterns of early humans and is also often known as “cave-man” diet. This particular diet consists mainly of meats, fish, vegetables, fruits and eggs and excludes dairy, cereal and processed foods.
In a bid to imitate the eating pattern of the early generations when they ate “raw” or wholesome foods, the paleo diet tries to keep the pattern as close to the foods’ real nature as possible. That is why processed foods are avoided throughout.
Suggested Read: Is Atkin’s Diet Feasible In An Indian Household?
The Basic rules:
- The main foods paleo is based on: Meat, Fish, Eggs, Vegetables, Fruits, nuts, herbs, spices, and healthy fats.
- Limit the intake of stimulants like alcohol and caffeine.
- Meat you can eat: Beef, lamb, chicken and other commonly available, low fat, lean cuts apart from seafood and fatty fish. However, avoid processed/ packaged ready to eat meat items.
- Don’t avoid tuberous veggie! Include potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, etc in your diet.
- Get your healthy fats from: Olive oil, coconut oil, groundnut oil.
- Avoid: sugar and high fructose corn syrup based products, dairy (butter can be an exception), trans fat, artificial sweeteners, processed foods like bakery items, or other packaged foods.
- When eating out, make it a point to order a class-1 protein based main dish, opt for more veggies instead of rice or bread.
Suggested read – Most Popular Diets – Whats Good & Bad?
|Scrambled Eggs with cucumber+tomato salad/ sweet potato and banana pancakes
|Grilled chicken with Mediterraneansalad / Paneer chilly or paneer tikka with greens
|Fish stew or soup with stir fried veggies
Sample Paleo snacks
Eat snacks only if you do feel hungry or feel like munching on something smaller in between meals. Choose from these options:
- Boiled eggs
- A piece of big fruit or a half a small fruit
- Handful of nuts
- Coconut water with the malai
- Apple slices with peanut butter
Add OZIVA Nutritional Meal Shake to Your Diet to achieve your weightloss goal
If you want a detailed nutrition consultation, drop us a mail at email@example.com or call us on 9769298556 and our experts will help you with your fitness goal
Last modified: October 20, 2023