Do you know?
Since 2016 with 20 million obese women (5.3% of the global population) and 9.8 million obese men (3.7% of the global population), India continues to be on the list of top 5 countries in terms of obesity!
It’s time to say no to obesity and pledge to stay fit and healthy with Clean, Plant-Based Nutrition. And, what’s better than opting for tasty yet healthy foods that are convenient to include in our daily diet to make us fit and #aBetterYou har tarah se!
In this article, we will tell you about 15 low-budget and easy-to-find foods in your kitchen, that’ll help you lose weight in a healthy way.
- If you are a person who loves desserts post-meal but also wants to lose weight, then we got your back! Swap your desserts with apples.
An apple a day helps you more than just keeping a doctor away! It is sweet yet low in calories and fat, high in fiber and water. Thus keeping you feel satiated and making you less hungry. Therefore, it is considered to be a great weight-loss food.
- Our favourite sailor Popeye loves spinach, doesn’t he? That is why he was so strong yet fit! You too upgrade your daily nutrition with a bowl of dark leafy vegetables. These powerful superfoods, (dark leafy greens) like kale, lettuce, spinach, etc. are super-rich in calcium yet low in calories which makes it ideal for weight loss.
Studies have shown that high-calcium diets favour fat burning by boosting your metabolism. These greens are also high in vitamin C and fiber that further assist in losing weight.
- Pumpkins can be of more use than just on Halloween! Because it is considered as a weight loss friendly food. Why so? Every cup of pumpkin contains about 3g of fiber and only 49 calories. Fiber is vital to promote better digestion which not only helps in losing weight but also aids curb your hunger.
- Dear veggie lovers! Apart from being low-calorie, exceptionally rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, Green Capsicum also contains a small amount of capsaicin in them which is found to burn more calories, helps boost metabolism, and supports losing belly fat.
- Why blame potatoes for weight gain? You will find it interesting to know that a medium, unsalted plain baked potato with skin has only 160 calories. Plus, it is naturally free from fat and cholesterol. Whether normal or sweet, potatoes are loaded with potassium, protein, and filling-fiber that helps reduce the risk of bloating and serves as a good addition to a weight loss diet as long as they’re not fried.
- Mushroom is a great food to eat when trying to slim down. This small little umbrella-look alike is loaded with antioxidants, is nutrient-rich, low in calories, yet high in water, and an excellent source of vitamin D makes it perfect for your daily diet as studies also have shown that Mushrooms have been shown to reduce hunger and promote fullness.
- The one that makes us cry a lot! Yes, you have guessed, right – Onions! They are low in calories and great sources of nutrients that are found to be effective in weight loss. Their high quercetin content helps boost metabolism and effectively aids in lessening fat accumulation.
Yes, you can’t sit and eat onions alone, but pair some with your meals, they go great with Indian food. And you can always add them in salads!
- Isn’t cauliflower one of the tastiest yet healthy veggies? It’s fascinating to know that it contains just 27 calories per cup, per the USDA National Nutrient Database. Being fiber-rich, it helps to slow digestion and promote a feeling of fullness. Adding to it, cauliflower is also fat-free, cholesterol-free, and low in sodium that makes it a perfect food for weight management.
- As fancy as it sounds, Avocados are a nutrient-dense food that has twice the amount of potassium as bananas and is rich in monounsaturated fat that is burned easily as energy. Thus, making it a great addition to your weight-loss plan.
- Do you know the upgraded version of cauliflower? You are right, it’s Broccoli! It is packed with folic acid, vitamin A, twice the amount of Vitamin C than oranges, as much calcium as the whole milk that is readily absorbed by our bodies, and even cancer-fighting nutrients. Thereby, contributing to weight loss.
- Here’s exciting news for all the spice lovers that would make your day! Adding spices or chili peppers to your food will not only boost the flavour but will also help you feel satisfied. Why so? American Dietetic Association spokeswoman Malena Perdomo, RD explains that food loaded with flavour will stimulate your taste buds and make you feel more satisfied, so you won’t eat as much. Also, it has been found out that especially chili peppers contain capsaicin, a spicy compound that can help boost metabolism and reduce your appetite slightly.
- Cilantro sounds like an Italian herb, but internationally we call it ‘Coriander’ and you might figure out it’s nothing but ‘Dhaniya’. Coriander leaves possess a vital element named ‘quercetin’ that helps speeding up your metabolism. Thus, improving your gut health and promoting weight loss.
- For effective weight loss, replace white sugar with a healthy sweet substitute – honey! It acts as a fuel for the liver to produce glucose. This glucose helps keep the brain sugar levels high and forces it to release fat-burning hormones.
- Here’s good news for you! One glass of carrot juice will help you stay full until lunch, due to its high fiber content. It is considered to be one of the superfoods for weight loss as it is low in calories and full of fiber that helps in bile secretion thus helping to burn fat and aiding in weight loss.
- There are not many people who dislike green peas! They contain almost 9g of fiber per cup that can help you meet your fiber goals and will make you feel full with ease. Thus, promoting healthy weight loss.
Try these healthy, simple, and convenient tasty options in your daily diet to make this nutritious beneficial for you in managing your weight effectively so could be healthier, fitter, and #aBetterYou.