Did you know that an average person has 1,00,000-1,50,000 strands of hair out of which on average, you shed around 50-150 strands of hair a day!? One could attribute a major portion of this to POOR NUTRITION and LACK OF HAIR CARE. But don’t worry, we got you covered.
In this article, we will share not only easy and simple HAIR CARE TIPS but also some amazing DIY hair masks and diets that are a must-have for a healthy hair care routine.
So, be ready to welcome 2021 with healthy and fabulous hair!
Hair Care Tip 01: Oiling Your Hair.
“It’s important to oil your hair” – you might have received this advice from a ton of people, right from your grandmother to your beautician!
Nourishing your hair with oil will help strengthen your hair, stimulate growth, hydrate the hair, prevent frizz, and protect your hair from heat damage.
Well, it’s true only when it’s done in the right way. And, how can it be done?
Follow these simple steps:
- Choose the right oil for your hair type and scalp.
In case, you have a greasy scalp, using a light oil is recommended. Whereas, heavy oils can be used if your scalp is too dry and needs more moisture. Some of the popular carrier oils include Coconut oil, Almond oil, Olive oil, and Jojoba oil. And, gently massage your scalp for 10-15 mins.
- Post-application of oil, avoid immediate combing of hair.
Your hair is fragile enough to break easily at this point as your scalp is relaxed. How? The simple answer is the oil can weigh your hair down thus, combing your hair right after oiling it will only cause it to break.
- Avoid letting the oil sit for longer hours.
There’s a constant debate on this, however, based on different hair types and oils are required to be left on for different amounts of time. But, generally, leaving the oil on your hair for too long has its downside. It is recommended to keep it on your hair for 6-8 hours, when you extend the period, there’s a high possibility that it can cause the oil to form a layer on your scalp, thereby clogging your pores, accumulating dandruff, and attracting dirt. Also, it will make your scalp feel greasy and dirty.
- Not recommended to tie your hair up in a tight bun or ponytail.
When oiled, your hair is in a vulnerable state, tying it up in a tight bun or ponytail can add pressure to your oiled hair and can make your hair prone to breakage.
- Rinse it off well
Post oil application, it’s essential to wash it off with shampoo while using normal/cold water to rinse your hair and ensure that you clean it thoroughly.
Hair Care Tip 02: Swapping Your Hair Care Products With Weather
Sticking only to one range of shampoo and conditioner is an ideal hair care routine for you, isn’t it? But, you are mistaken. The fact is changing weather leads to a change in your hair condition.
So what exactly do you need to take?
- In WINTERS, not only your scalp is dehydrated but it also needs extra conditioning. Your hair can also become extremely frizzy and therefore, you need to have a smoothening and softening shampoo in addition to something that locks in moisture to your hair.
- In SUMMERS, extreme sun rays can make your hair rough and immensely dry. In this case, it is recommended to have a shampoo that’s intensely moisturizing, detoxifying yet something that repairs a sunburned scalp and helps protect the hair from UV rays.
- MONSOONS are known to cause hair breakage and hair fall as the rains bring with it a new set of issues thanks to the humidity. Also, leading to oily scalp, dull hair, and dandruff. That’s why it is suggested to have a clarifying shampoo that is sulfate-free and also a hair cleanser that helps make your hair strands stronger and nourished.
Generally, it is advised to go for a sulfate-free shampoo and a conditioner that works for you and stick to it depending on your hair type, texture, and scalp.
Hair Care Tip 03: Homemade Natural DIY Hair Masks
For healthier, longer, and thicker hair, give a try to these easy to make homemade DIY hair masks:
- Banana, Honey, and Yogurt for Frizz-Free Hair:
a) 2 tbsp of honey
b) 4 tbsp of yoghurt
c) ½ cup of ripe banana
Mix all the ingredients well and make a smooth paste out of it. Keep it for 15-20 minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm/cold water.
- Brown Sugar and Olive Oil for Smooth and Shiny Hair:
a) 2 tbsp of brown sugar
b) 1 tbsp olive oil
Mix the ingredients in a bowl and apply the mixture to your hair. Please ensure that you cover every hair strand. Then, gently massage the scrub into your scalp. Leave it for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. The final step, wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner.
- Cinnamon and Coconut Oil for Hair Growth and Strength:
a) 1 tsp ground cinnamon
b) 1 tsp of coconut oil
Blend all the ingredients together and make a paste out of it. Apply it to your roots and massage it into your scalp as well. Let it sit for 30-45 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Hair Care Tip 04: The Right Nutrition For Healthy Hair
It’s essential to have the RIGHT FOODS that provide the right amount of required nutrients like Biotin, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Iron, Omega-3, and Vitamin C for longer, healthier, and stronger hair.
What are you waiting for? We have jot it down for you!
You just need to ensure that you include a great combination of these tasty veggies and fruits in your everyday routine to get the nutrition your hair needs.
- Black Beans
- Red Peppers (Red Capsicum)
Nuts and Seeds like
- Chia Seeds
- Flax Seeds
If you find it challenging to maintain consistently, then give your hair a helping hand.
A little change in your regular lifestyle and diet along with these 3 vegan-friendly products that can help you:
✓ Support healthy hair growth
✓ Strengthen your hair
✓ Complete Hair Nourishment
✓ Hair Follicles Stimulation
✓ Lowering the Risk of Hair Fall
So you can feel and look amazing and better har tarah se.
(preferably use one image of all the three products – OZiva Plant Based Biotin, OZiva Hair Vitamins and OZiva Plant Based DHT Blocker)
Hair Care Tip 05: Things To Avoid
While we all now know, what things need to be followed to have healthier, longer, and thicker hair. It’s vital to be aware of what THINGS TO AVOID could disrupt our hair care.
- Avoid heat-styling your hair.
- Not getting haircuts. As soon as you notice split ends or ends seem brittle, trim your hair a bit.
- Not getting hydrated. Not only your hair, but it’s also essential to keep yourself hydrated as well.
- Avoid getting hot showers. Instead, opt for cold/lukewarm showers.
- Avoid excessive use of shampoos. Use once or twice a week.
- Avoid forgetting to condition your hair.