Protein source for vegetarians and vegans can sometimes require a good amount of thinking and effort however, getting it is not impossible. You can still have protein even going the non-meat way!
Here is our pick for 3 easy sources of protein that you can even make yourself!
- Whey Protein: This is one of the best protein sources that vegetarians can for. It is one of the most trusted protein supplements and best suited for people who are lacto-vegetarian. As long as it is pure 100% vegetarian, you can definitely include it in your diet. 1 serving of a high quality whey protein would yield 25-30 gm. protein. Another good part about whey protein is its high BCAA content that is already present since whey has a complete amino acid profile, thus making it a complete protein.
You May Like: All You Need To Know About Vegan Protein
- Home-made sprouted lentil powder: This kind of protein is best suited for vegans and easy to make at home. Here is how you can prepare it:
- Rinse and soak 2 cups of lentils or mix. Of dried peas and lentils (you can also use sprouted ones) overnight. (If you are going to sprout it at home, this might take 1-2 days time).
- Next, cook the sprouted lentils until the water boils, drain and rinse with cold water. Spread the lentils on a baking sheet and dehydrate in a preheated oven at 46°C until 10-12 hours or roast until completely dry.
- Once dry, blitz it in a blender until it is a fine powder.
This will yield a cup of protein powder that would give you 28 gm. protein.
You May Like: 10 high protein vegetables that you must include in your diet
- Homemade pea protein powder: Here is a vegan recipe to make your own homemade pea protein powder.
- 2 tbsp almond powder
- 1 tbsp cashew powder
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tsp green peas slit (dry)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4th tsp cardamom
Mill and pulse blend the above until it turns to a fine powder. This mix. Will yield about 17 gm. of protein that you can add to your soups, broth, shakes, etc.
Add OZIVA Protein & Herbs Shake to Your Diet if your diet is lacking in proteins.
If you want a detailed nutrition consultation, drop us a mail at email@example.com or call us on 9769298556 and our experts will help you with your fitness goal