Inadequate sperm quality and production are one of the most common male health issues these days owing to an increase in pollutants, higher intake of toxins, increased exposure to stress and faulty lifestyles. Various natural remedies and other tips can help increase your sperm count and also improve sperm quality.
Here are the top five foods that will help you maintain fertility:
Suggested Read: Can Exercising Lower your Testosterone Level?
- Ashwagandha: According to Indian studies, it was found that ashwagandha can increase the sperm count significantly. It works not only in promoting testosterone production but its role as a potent de-stressing agent also creates an environment that is favourable for the spermatozoa to survive. It can be taken in forms of capsules or powdered dosages or as added herbs as a fortification in other products.
- Green Tea: Several researches suggest that the presence of antioxidants in green tea is related to boosting male fertility. This is so because antioxidants they help in neutralizing the effect of free radicals, which are responsible for damage of sperm cells. A 2012 study published in journal Molecular Nutrition and Food Research showed that green tea consist of a compound called epigallocatechin gallate, which helps in improving the sperm quality. So, drinking at least two cups of green tea regularly helps stay fit and thus, boost fertility.
Suggested Read: Do Protein Shakes affect Sperm Count & Fertility?
- Panax Ginseng: Panax ginseng, often referred to as Korean ginseng, is basically added in traditional Chinese medicine to ease stress. This is also used to boost the production of testosterone, and increase sperm count and motility. This Korean ginseng is also helpful in curing erectile dysfunction. However, do not forget to consult your doctor before starting any type of supplement
- Eggs: Rich in vitamin E and protein, eggs help in the formation of healthy sperms and improve their motility. It also protects the sperm cells from free radicals. Strong and healthy sperms will have increases chances of fertilizing an egg. Another important nutrient that helps fertility that is present in eggs is Selenium. Selenium is the nutrient that has been found to improve the chances of a sperm’s survival, growth and functions.
- Pumpkin seeds and walnuts: Pumpkin seeds are high in zinc which plays an important role in sperm development and testosterone production. They are also rich in several other essential minerals and vitamins. Choose raw, organic pumpkin seeds for optimal nutritional value and sprinkle into cereals, salads and smoothies. According to a study published in 2012 at the University of California, consumption of 75g of walnuts by men every day improved the morphology, motility and vitality of their sperm. Rich in L-Arginine, walnuts is known to increase the count of the sperm.
The image used at the beginning belongs to https://traineracademy.org/, all rights reserved.