Omega -3 is the latest “IT” word in the wellness industry. Most people relate omega to fish oil and hence think vegetarians suffer from its deficiency. But there’s more to it. Did you know about plant-based omega? Are you aware of the different vegetarian sources of omega? Do you know what the different types of Omega 3 fatty acids are? Well, we are here to tell you all about plant-based Omega.
Omega 3 fatty acids are incredibly vital for your heart health. They improve your cardiovascular function and also aids in weight management. Omega 3 fatty acids also help in dealing with different forms of depression and anxiety.
There are different types of Omega 3 – EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and ALA (alpha-linolenic acid). DHA is available in various fish, whereas ALA is the plant-based source of Omega 3. Both of them are equally competent in benefiting the body and providing benefits.
The biggest pro with vegetarian omega is that everyone can consume it.
Why switch to Vegetarian Omega 3?
Following are some of the significant benefits that will encourage you to switch to plant-based Omega 3 –
- Improves Brain Function- Plant-based Omega 3 boosts brain functions and helps to prevent Alzheimer’s disease. Even it is beneficial towards other forms of dementia as well.
- Deal with mental disorders– Depression is one of the most common mental illnesses in the world. Sticking to plant-based omega 3 can help in dealing with depression, anxiety, and other forms of mental disorders.
- Improves Vision- You might not know this, but ALA is one of the major structural components of your eyes. Consuming the proper amount of ALA can help deal with macular degeneration. Macular degeneration causes serious sight issues and even permanent eye damage or blindness.
- Beneficial during pregnancy- Omega 3 contributes to the brain and sight development of infants. ALA contains polyunsaturated fatty acids, 40% of which accounts for your brain development, whereas 60% accounts for your eyesight development.
- Helps in fighting with metabolic syndrome – Metabolic syndrome includes central obesity, belly fat, high blood pressure, insulin resistance, high triglycerides, and even good cholesterol levels. All this together contributes to better health and long-term wellness.
What are the best plants-based Omega 3?
Some of the best plant-based Omega 3 are all around us. You can choose from walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, beans, walnuts, brussels sprouts, algal oil, hemp seeds, and likewise. Most of these dietary sources are rich in ALA, but for EPA and DHA you might want to opt for supplements.
Vegetarian Omega 3 Supplements
In case you are wondering where to get vegetarian omega 3 supplements that will also provide you with EPA and DHA, then we have got you covered. You can opt for OZiva Plant-Based Omega Multi. This plant-based Omega-3 supplement is further fortified with extra virgin olive oil and plant vitamins A, D, E, K2-MK7 that together promote overall heart, brain and joint health. OZiva is India’s first clean plant-based nutrition brand, where each product is tested thoroughly to ensure that there it’s beneficial in the long run without any side effects. To understand more about OZiva Omega Multi, you can watch this video!