Protein shakes can be great option for an on-the-go meal or a reliable protein supplement that helps build lean muscle tissue. But some people find that protein shakes leave them feeling bloated. If you are one of them, these tips to avoid bloating post protein shake intake should help you:
As far as protein supplement as a form of protein source is concerned, those who have had bad experience with it have made it seem as though protein supplements give rise to side effects and therefore you need to stay away from it.
You May Like: Post Workout Drinks Could Help You Build Strong Muscles
The more common side effects when you go overboard with whey protein intake are as follows:
- Stomach cramps/ pain
However, none of these will ever cause you any serious harm, and will go away as soon as you bring whey intake into control.
If you feel that taking protein supplements has been making you sick lately, check out for these common blunders:
- Taking the protein shake immediately after workout. The key is to wait for some time and then drink the shake.
- Drinking it too fast can also cause the problem. When you workout, the body puts rest of the system on hold as it pumps blood to the muscles. This means digestive system is more focused on pumping the blood to muscles. In such a condition if you drink down the shake too fast, it will sit in your stomach (large intestine) for long and make you sick and gassy.
- If you are lactose intolerant then having whey concentrates can be a problem. But you can swap the whey concentrate protein powder with either a purely Whey Isolate one or a good quality protein powder that gives you a healthy combination of Whey concentrate and Whey isolate.
You May Also Like: Are Protein Shakes Giving You Diarrhea?
- There are certain supplements that you will find in the market that claim to be high in protein however don’t forget to read the label for details. Some have higher amount of sugar and carbs which can cause bloating. While others will have a blend of soy and whey protein but the ratio would not be good enough (more of soy quantity and less of whey) which can actually delay the results you want to see.
- Focus on getting the dietary fiber. If you are not in the habit of taking fiber through regular food and take a fiber rich protein shake, you might notice some bloating or uneasiness initially. However, this is only temporary. If you notice that you often get constipated or bloated easily, gradually increase the amount of protein shake you take rather than taking a serving all at once while also ensuring that you include fiber in your other meals.
Add OZIVA Protein & Herbs Shake to Your Diet if your diet is lacking in proteins.
If you want a detailed nutrition consultation, drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 9769298556 and our experts will help you with your fitness goal
Last modified: January 11, 2022