You might have heard the message before that you should keep yourself healthy with the right mix of multivitamins. But that doesn’t answer all the other questions – where do you get all these vitamins? Are the nutrients in your diet enough, or do you need to add a multivitamin tablet? What are the right vitamins that you should be taking as a woman to take your health to the max?
The good news is that you can get the most essential nutrients from a balanced diet. However, even the most balanced of diets can sometimes have gaps, so you can fill in the gaps with multivitamin tablets when you notice them. The world of multivitamin tablets for women is vast and there are many choices, but which one should you choose? What vitamins are essential for women? Read on below to get those questions answered:
You could always do with antioxidants in your multivitamin tablet
This group of vitamins includes Vitamin A (carotenoids, retinol), Vitamin E and Vitamin C. These vitamins play an important role in protecting your body from tiny particles called free radicals. These free radicals can tear cells apart and need to be minimised. Antioxidants may help lower the risk of some health problems and also promote slower ageing. Some research has also declared that antioxidants boost the body’s immune system and improve the body’s defence against germs that cause major illnesses. Having them in your multivitamin tablet is useful:
- Vitamin A – This vitamin helps soft tissue development and eyesight.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C helps your body make more red blood cells, and helps your body heal wounds. It also boosts a brain chemical called norepinephrine, which amps up your concentration. Vitamin C is particularly useful during ageing or periods of stress.
- Vitamin E – Your body needs Vitamin E in your multivitamin tablet to keep cells healthy. It can also help improve the strength of your hair and brighten your skin tone if absorbed properly.
2. B-Vitamins round out your multivitamin tablet for women
B-Vitamins include a group of nutrients that all have highly positive effects on your body. Out of these, three – B12, B6 and Folic Acid – are particularly important in your multivitamin tablet for women:
- Folic Acid – Folic Acid may help build a healthy brain and spinal cord. It also helps develop DNA and RNA, which are the building blocks of all cells. Folic Acid is needed by adults and children both, but it is helpful for pregnant women to prevent any birth defects.
- Vitamin B12 – Vitamin B12 helps improve metabolism and improve haemoglobin levels in the body for richer blood.
3. Vitamin D in your multivitamin tablet has multiple benefits
Vitamin D may be called a Vitamin officially, but it actually works as a hormone. Vitamin D helps move minerals like Calcium and phosphorus into your bloodstream, which in return helps keep your bones strong. When your body is facing a lack of Vitamin D, it now has to take Calcium and phosphorus from your bones directly. This leads to bone weakening and thinning over time and has the risk of getting osteoporosis.
While you can get Vitamin D from your diet, most elderly people will require it to come from a multivitamin tablet, as they need fortified Vitamin D.
4. Your multivitamin tablet would also require essential minerals
Aside from the abovementioned vitamins, the best multivitamin tablets for women also require essential minerals like Iron and Zinc to help improve holistic health. Iron helps boost haemoglobin levels in the body, builds red blood cells for overall well being, and helps prevent the risk of anaemia (due to iron deficiency). Zinc boosts immunity, helps reduce acne and inflammation in the body, and is useful as well for overall holistic health.
5. Market advantage with standardised Ayurvedic Herbal Extracts
In addition to vitamins and minerals, several multivitamin tablets for women on the market do not contain standardised Ayurvedic herbal extracts tailored for women’s health. OZiva Daily Women’s Multi helps provide daily energy and promote hormonal balance in women with standardised herbal extracts of Shatavari, Ashwagandha, Brahmi, and Hadjod, making it the perfect multivitamin tablet for women.
What’s the Take
While getting multivitamins from your food is completely possible, sometimes your diet cannot cover all your nutritional needs regularly. Trying out safe, plant-based multivitamin tablets for women will help you meet your daily vitamin requirements and ensure long-term holistic health.