Whey’s milk is a dairy product and is obtained through and extensive process. Here we bring to you the steps in which Whey protein is brought to you in concentrated forms for consumption.
- The first and foremost step is where the cow’s that are milked are chosen and fed. The cattle that is chosen is fed the best of feeds for ideal milk production and are maintained at the cattle breeding farms that are usually located at locations away from main cities under peacefull and pollution free conditions.
- Cooling and transportation: During this process the milk obtained is subjected to extreme cooling at 4°C. This is done in a bid to kill the bacteria and preserve the milk while transportation. After cooling, the milk is transported to nearby facilities where cheese processing takes place.
- Once at the cheese processing plant, the milk undergoes pasteurization. This step onvolves boiling at higher temperature and then immediately after cooling it at 4°C ensures that any prevalent bacteria is killed and the milk is stabilized.
Post pasteurization the milk has 20% whey and 80% casein protein in its composition.
- Cheese-making process: To the milk, the enzymes are introduced to separate casein from whey protein. Casein being the dominant protein in milk forms 80% of the composition and whey protein forms the remnant 20% of the protein.
Once the enzymes are introduces, the milk forms two separates- the curdled or milk solids which forms the cheese and the liquid that has separated from the milk. This liquid portion is the Whey protein.
Fun fact: approx. 148 kgs of Whey liquid gives you 1 kg. of Whey powder.
- The liquid from the cheese making process is further subjected to processing that helps make concentrated amounts of Whey protein liquid. During the processing, the liquid whey is sent to a protein manufacturing station or plant where it is loaded into stainless steel turbines that filter out the protein from other nutrients like carbs and fat to give maximum protein, in a cold room.
- The next step involves further processing of this liquid whey protein. Here, it is put into a dryer where it is treated with both hot and cool hair to evaporate the water and separate out the solidified protein. What you get as a result is at least 90% Whey protein powder. This process also ensures that the protein does not become denatured or loses its nutritional value.
- Purity and viability of the protein is absolutely essential. And that is why, it is next packaged into containers and made to undergo tests studied for purity. The whey protein at this point is completely devoid of flavourings or any colour or any other additives usually added to it. It is only after the product has once been confirmed positive for consumption, it is then duly mixed with other ingredients.
- Although there are both flavoured and unflavoured whey protein powders, both have more or less similar processing methods. For flavoured ones, the pure whey protein powders is examined carefully and introduced into large blenders along with the flavouring and sweetening ingredients in accordance with the whey quantified.
- Once the entire process of mixing and altering to the point of achieving the correct taste, texture and colour is done, the resultant produce is then packaged and sealed into containers, ready for shipment.
- The last step is where you order your protein and we bring it to you, complete with the guidance for its proper use and application in your diet with the help of our certified Health-professionals!
Add OZIVA Protein & Herbs Shake to Your Diet if your diet is lacking in proteins.
If you want a detailed nutrition consultation, drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 9769298556 and our experts will help you with your fitness goal