Recently, a friend of mine came back from a religious tour and presented an offering of laddoo as prasadam. While it was undeniably yummy, what later got me pondering was, though it felt good to the tongue, how would it really fare for my body what with skyrocketing sugar and ghee content going in it!
This led me to think of a way we can have the cake (or the holy offering) and eat it too. While we have absolute goodwill in hearts when making food as a holy offering, why not take that up a notch and make it healthy too, right?
So, here’s my version of making laddoos healthy, protein rich and flexible enough to be your prasadam or a post workout snack.
All you need…
1.5 cup rolled oats
1-1.5 scoops of Protein & Herbs protein powder
½ tsp of cinnamon powder
1 tbsp of chia or sesame seeds
1-2 tbsp of smooth peanut butter (or any nut butter)
2-3 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3rd cup dark chocolate chips or shaves or raisins
2-3 tbsp water/ milk (use as required)
- Mix together oats, protein powder, chia/ sesame seeds in a bowl.
- Add in peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract.
- Add in chocolate chips or raisins and mix everything well until the mixture appears sticky.
- Gradually add in water/ milk little at a time and combine together.
- Once mixed well, roll out the mix into small balls.
- Once small balls are ready, place them in a container and refrigerate for at least 20-40 minutes before consuming.
Sounds easy, right? It is! Try it and share with us on our Facebook page, how yours turned out or if you tried and variations.
Add OZIVA Protein & Herbs Shake to Your Diet if your diet is lacking in proteins.
If you want a detailed nutrition consultation, drop us a mail at <a style=”font-size: medium;”