Want to increase your collagen levels but are on a vegetarian diet? Try out these foods to boost collagen now.
In today’s ever-growing world of fitness and healthy nourishment from the inside-out, the demand for collagen is on the rise. It’s a hot topic as it is primarily responsible for the regeneration and rebuilding of the skin. Collagen is a type of protein (composed of amino acids glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline) present in our body. Almost 90% of the connective tissues and organic bone matrix are made of collagen proteins. It assists our body in proper tissue repair, better immune response, healthy cellular communication and developed cellular movement.
That’s why it’s so necessary to replenish collagen through collagen rich foods and supplements. It is at a high risk of diminishing throughout your 20s, 30s, and 40s, and with it comes dullness in your skin. Before we discuss how you can naturally replenish collagen through collagen rich foods, let’s read more about it.
All about Collagen and Collagen Rich Foods!
As we grow older, the production of collagen slows down. Thus, people start to show various signs of ageing, joint pain and ache, and intestinal issues. However, there are a few products available in the market that help in retrieving the production efficiency of our bodies. OZiva Collagen Builder promotes collagen production in the body and boosts cell functionality.
Collagen molecules are too large for some skin types to absorb. Hence, it’s essential to have a skincare routine that caters to all of the skin requirements. You may consider using the OZiva Youth Elixir Serum. It’s an excellent face serum that helps avoid premature signs of ageing.
Above all, vegetarians cannot consume collagen directly in higher amounts – as it is mainly present in animal sources. However, if someone wants to go for a natural way of regaining the body’s collagen production, a wealth of plant-based diets can help. In this article, we’ve discussed some collagen rich foods for vegetarians that would help promote health. These collagen rich foods help furnish beauty inside and out!
What are the collagen rich foods?
Foods to boost collagen include the following:
- Garlic: Garlic is one of the most collagen rich foods. Almost all collagen supplements on the market are made by using garlic – as it contains approximately 33 distinct sulphur blends. Above all, it contains 17 amino acids, which help with optimum collagen production.
- Citrus fruits: The main reason behind consuming citrus fruit is that it is a collagen rich food that contains Vitamin C. Adding citrus fruit to your diet can add almost 90 mg of Vitamin C, which is very much responsible for producing pro-collagen in the body.
- Berries: Berries also encompass significant percentages of vitamin C, providing 58.8 mg per 100 gm of berries. These collagen rich foods help boost collagen production as well as furnishing skin-protecting antioxidants.
- Leafy greens: As per research, leafy green vegetables are one of the most collagen rich foods. It is believed that leafy greens contain plenty of collagen. The major reason is that it gets absorbed by the human body effortlessly.
- Cashews: Cashews are a great source of copper. Copper plays a vital role in our skin, as it is responsible for the functioning of three major types of collagen – I, II and V.19 – making cashews collagen rich foods.
- Beans: Beans, being collagen rich foods, are rich in collagen-creating copper, which helps in the proper functioning of major collagen protein types.
- Bell peppers: The primary reason behind peppers being a great collagen rich food is because they are filled with vitamin C. Vitamin C helps with the production of pro-collagen in the body. Furthermore, an average-sized pepper incorporates roughly 154 mg of vitamin C.
- Avocados: The most interesting fact about avocados is that they don’t contain collagen. However, they qualify as collagen rich foods because they are rich in numerous nutrients that play vital roles in collagen synthesis. One of these is vitamin C.
Advantages of Consuming a Collagen Rich Food Diet
Here’s a list of advantages of consuming foods to boost collagen:
- Enrich skin tone,
- Decrease hair loss,
- Rebuild collagen in the face,
- Improve sleep,
- Build athletic muscles,
- Nurture bone health of your body,
- Boost the immune system,
- Maintain healthy heart level,
- Intensify antioxidants and detoxification of chemicals present in our body,
- Collagen rich foods broaden your lifespan,
- Revive sexual and hormone condition,
- Assist with weight control.
Conclusion on Collagen Rich Foods
Consuming natural sources of collagen such as collagen rich foods (the foods that encompass ingredients helpful for the proper production of collagen) is important for the better health of your skin, bones, muscles and joints. Moreover, purely collagen rich foods, which are extracted from animal parts can also have a favourable outcome on collagen production levels. In case you are a vegetarian and want to opt for a collagen rich food diet based on veganism, you can go for the above-mentioned foods. They boost collagen production – and furnish beautiful and healthy skin.
Last modified: August 2, 2023