Tulsi and green tea are two of the most commonly used herbal resources that are used widely for several reasons ranging from weight management to mental health to physical health benefits. How are the two different and how can they help you together? Find out ahead.
Recommended: Tulsi or No Tulsi That Is the Question
It is one of India’s ancient herbs that is considered sacred and therapeutic. It’s use is not only limited to medicinal uses but also in the form of teas, supplements and leaves themselves. Obtained from unfermented leaves, it is complete with antioxidants (polyphenols) and helps prevent the body from the activity of free radicals. The phytochemicals present in tulsi help promote several health benefits.
- Good for heart health- the flavonoids in basil or tulsi prevent against the risk of forming clots in the arteries. It is also associated with lowering cholesterol levels.
- Encourages weight loss- It promotes weight loss by boosting metabolism and burning fat.
- Helps de-stress- tulsi helps maintain cortisol levels through active ingredients that are responsible for resisting stress and promoting normal body functions.
- Improves skin and hair- The antioxidants help fight the free radicals that have the potential to cause damage to healthy skin and hair cells. The polyphenols in tulsi prevent against the free radicals and tend to delay the onset of aging.
Recommended: Green tea vs. L-Carnitine: Which is better?
Among all the beverages made available today, the best thing you could drink is green tea. It is the most sought after, common ingredients either taken in supplement form or as a beverage for aiding in fat burning. It contains catechins or eppigallocatechingallate as the main active ingredient that is an antioxidant by nature. In addition to improving immune health, this particular active ingredient is also responsible for fat-burning effects.
- Boosts health- the bioactive compounds in the green tea are known to boost and improve overall health.
- Improves brain function- green tea has enough caffeine to produce the right effect, which works synergistically with L-theanine to improve brain function.
- Increases fat burning-studies have shown that it boosts metabolic rate thereby increasing the fat burning process.
- Kills the chances of cancer- Green tea has powerful antioxidants that may have protective activities against cancer or cancer causing cells. Results from studies have shown green tea drinkers are at a low risk of getting cancer than those who do not drink green tea.
While it is no secret that for the right kind of health and weight no single food or drink alone is responsible but it needs changes in terms of lifestyle and diet on the whole. However, as far as tulsi or green tea are concerned, it is better to supplement your diet with both instead of just focusing on one for the simple reason that together, both the foods will impart their own benefits while also commonly working towards helping you manage weight, improve metabolism and delay the process of ageing.
Add OZiva Lean & Trim to Your Diet to Burn Fat With Ayurvedic Herbs
If you want a detailed nutrition consultation, drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 9769298556 and our experts will help you with your fitness goal