Is protein powder for women the key to you staying fit? Let’s find out!
The truth is that women experience a steady rise in body fat % after the age of 20. After the age of 30, women tend to lose even more lean tissue in favour of gaining body fat. In order to stay fit and in peak condition throughout your 20s, 30s and 40s, you’ll require a daily minimum requirement of protein. Since it is quite difficult to get all that protein through the diet, you will need to take protein powder for women.
You might have questions about this, including “Which protein powder is best for ladies?”, or “Is protein powder good for a woman’s weight loss?”
We have that answer for you! New research by OZiva, India’s leading clean, plant-based nutrition brand reveals that women who consumed OZiva Protein & Herbs daily along with 30 mins exercise reduced around 97.5% body fat in 3 months. It is India’s #1 natural protein powder for women with Ayurvedic herbs to improve metabolism, help manage your weight, reduce your body fat percentage, boost your energy levels and provide healthier skin and hair.
Let’s read more about why you should take protein, and what you should do along with taking this protein powder for women!
Suggested Read: Does Protein Powder Cause Weight Gain for Females?
Why should you take protein?
Though protein powders for women are marketed in such a way that it was never seen as the requirement of the body but the requirement of a specific gender, and despite performing various functions, it is remembered only for growth & maintenance of tissues. While the reality is, protein is equally important for both men and women, and it is not specific to genders. Of course, the amount may vary for them depending on the goal and their bodily requirements. But, this does not make it more important for the one and less important to the other.
Hence, it is no longer an option whether women should take it or not.
What Does Protein Do?
Protein powder for women performs the following functions:
Helps Manage Weight & Reduce Body Fat Percentage
Your protein powder for women can help you feel fuller and induces a feeling called “satiety” – signalling to the brain that you do not need to eat more. This ensures you consume fewer calories. Your protein powder for women also boosts your metabolism, ensuring you break down your calories further and this also aids in weight loss, along with the right diet and 30 minutes of workout in a day.
Protein helps burn the fat from your body and tones you up as well, especially in the belly area. So consider replacing some of your carbs and fats with extra servings of protein or protein powder for women.
Boosts Metabolism & Energy Levels
There is something called the Thermic Effect, where your body uses the calories you consume to boost your metabolism. And protein has a much higher thermic effect (20-35%) as compared to carbs (10-15%). So higher protein intake will definitely help boost metabolism and increase the number of calories you burn. Taking the right protein powder for women can ensure around 80-100 calories burned in a day.
Choosing the right protein powder for women prevents it from being a weight gain powder for females. Try out OZiva Protein & Herbs for Women!
Gives you Energy Throughout the Day
Protein powder for women ensures that you experience higher energy levels during the day. For women, multitasking is an all-too-common phenomenon where you are expected to turn your attention to many things at once. This can lead to you feeling tired and bedraggled. You’ll need protein to maintain your energy levels to take up all these tasks.
Protein is about the long game when it comes to energy, rather than carbohydrates (which are a quick energy boost). But protein ensures that you stay energetic and alert for longer periods of time.
Helps You Stay Fitter as you age
As women age (particularly beyond the age of 25, their muscles often begin to weaken. Bones can also become more fragile and density reduces. Eating more protein as you age into your mid-twenties and late twenties will help build and repair your muscle tissues.
Post-workout, consuming protein powder for women helps improve the recovery of your muscles, building them stronger than ever. Pair that with resistance training or strength training for the best results. Protein prevents you from expeiencing too much fatigue.
It can also enhance your bone health.
The right amount of protein for women is crucial to maintaining good health as protein helps in performing important bodily functions listed above. As we have already seen, protein is the essential requirement of the body. If you have goals like muscle building and strength training other than just getting your daily recommended dietary allowance (RDA), you need to read a bit before purchasing.
How To Choose The Right Protein Powder For Women
Women’s bodies are different and so are their needs. Hence it is important to understand your requirements before choosing the protein supplement best suited for your body. Here are a few factors to consider while shortlisting your protein powder.
Define your goals. Are you supplementing your daily diet or looking for other benefits like better metabolism, hormonal balance, healthier hair etc.
% of Proteins Per Serving
The percentage of proteins per serving varies from product to product. Calculate the amount of proteins you are consuming in daily diet and ensure that your protein supplement is able to bridge the deficient amount
This is one of the most important aspects to consider while buying proteins. Read the ingredient label carefully, do your research and understand what each ingredient does. Always choose proteins that are devoid of synthetic ingredients and artificial sweeteners. Both these are harmful to the body when consumed for longer periods. Always opt for clean proteins.
Everyone’s taste palette is different. While there is no right or wrong choice here, it is important to choose a protein supplement that satiates your taste buds.
It goes without saying that price is an important factor while making any purchase. Compare products that are in your price range after they meet the above-mentioned factors.
What’s Right For Your Goals?
For women who are constantly worried about their falling hair, dull skin, and disturbed hormonal balance and looking for ways to get a solution to their constant struggle of staying healthy, OZiva Protein & Herbs for Women is the best protein powder for women as it helps to balance female hormones with the added benefits of Ayurvedic herbs like Shatavari, Guduchi, Flax Seeds, Green Tea, Curcumin, Tulsi, and Cinnamon. It also contains essential multivitamins and minerals, which are important for hair and skin health.
Yes! Women Need Protein Powder
Women’s protein needs have found their way through a lot of conflicting information, which has led to many women making informed decisions about the best protein powders for them. While there are plenty of tailored protein powders, ayurvedic herbs we discussed above must always check ingredients in any protein powders as they provide you with additional benefits like improved metabolism and enhanced immunity.
What Should You Do Other than Take Protein Powder for Women?
Other than taking a good protein powder for women like OZiva Protein & Herbs for Women for around 3-6 months regularly, you need to follow a few other tips to get the best results, such as diet and exercise. Here are some tips from our Nutrition Team!
- Diet – Diet is one of the important factors for weight management. Protein & Herbs gives 23 gms protein along with other essential vitamins and minerals. Along with this nutritional supplement it is important to balance macro and micro nutrients in the diet.
- Protein & Herbs boosts metabolism with help of essential herbs like Brahmi and Musli. Along with this it is important to have small and frequent meals that improve digestion and boost metabolism.
- Make sure diet is more of home cooked foods than outside junk and packaged one. Also always make sure to eat packaged foods with 5 or less all-natural ingredients. Highly processed foods causes inflammation in the body causing protein degradation and hence your body won’t be ale to utilise complete protein from Protein and Herbs for weight management.
- Always combine protein and complex carb at every meal/snack. For example grilled paneer with salad or tossed veggies. It is so because complex carbohydrates can help in glucose production for energy purpose thus sparing protein from protein and herbs for muscle mass build up, post workout.
- Consume seeds like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds in your diet. These seeds are loaded with fibre and protein and also help regulate hormonal balance, thus aiding the action of Protein and Herbs for weight management!
- Include exercise like strength training along with cardiovascular exercises to maintain weight. Along with that add up yoga and meditation in your regular exercise regime. Exercise and yoga both will help to enhance mood and mental health and will reduce stress and anxiety thus reducing inflammation in the body and thus preventing degradation of proteins by using it for muscle mass build up.
- Avoid addictions like smoking, alcohol consumption as these cause inflammation in the body thus creating imbalance. It also causes degradation of Protein and Herbs components thus creating hindrance for healthy weight management
- Drink two to three liters of water per day, flavoring with cut-up fresh citrus, cucumber, mint or berries. This is because protein causes dehydration in the body as it flushes out water along with sodium. Hence when consuming Protein and Herbs make sure water intake is adequate
- Avoid processed and refined foods such as white flour, sugar, breads and pasta. Instead eat whole grains like oatmeal, brown rice, millet, amaranth and quinoa.
- Avoid foods with simple carbohydrates such as refined sugar, high-fructose corn-syrup, artificial sweeteners, artificial colors, MSG, trans-fats and high saturated fat. Protein & Herbs is a healthy option for weight management to the people with lifestyle disorders like diabetes, hypertension and thyroid.
Last modified: August 11, 2023