Fine lines, sun spots, dry skin, and wrinkles are the main signs of ageing. You might have noticed them on your skin. But, is it possible to reverse ageing at all? Are there any anti-ageing supplements for the skin that can completely prevent such symptoms? The answer might be deeper than you think! Let’s dig deep and try to find it.
What Is Ageing?
Ageing, in simpler words, is defined as the biological process of the skin becoming older. It involves the biological deterioration of both cognitive and physical health over time.
Ageing usually follows a set calendar, but there can be many reasons why you seem to be ageing faster than you should be. Understanding the reasons for accelerated ageing will help you grasp the process to reverse or slow down ageing, and to embrace healthy ageing!
Reasons for Premature Ageing
As soon as you enter your 30s or in some cases, your early or late 20s, the body starts producing less collagen. As a result, the skin inescapably becomes less elastic, dry, and prone to injury. Factors, such as pollution, sun exposure, and stress can also lead to premature ageing.
- Diet– A diet rich in sugar or cholesterol results in a lower level of collagen production. Thus, the skin starts appearing thinner, causing premature ageing.
- Sleeping Habits– Proper sleeping helps avoid the early signs of ageing. Besides, it allows the body cells to function properly.
- Sun Exposure- Exposure to the sun over the years might result in sunspots or strong sun damage, which affect the elastic fibres in the skin and cause age spots on the sun-exposed areas(one of the common signs of ageing).
- Genetic conditions- A genetic deficiency like progeria may result in premature ageing.
- Stress– If a person is under stress all the time, they may start to exhibit premature ageing signs. Regardless, stress triggers the inflammatory responses, which results in early wrinkles and dry skin.
- Smoking– Smoking affects collagen and elastin – the fibres that allow your skin elasticity and vitality. Furthermore, nicotine narrows your blood vessels, which decreases the amount of blood that can reach your organs
How Does Collagen Production Reduce in the Body?
Collagen is a fibrous protein found in the skin. It acts as an adhesive that allows the body to maintain its shape. Also, it structures the skin by tying up tissues and cells. Collagen fibres mould the edifice for elastin and hyaluronic acid. These fibres are responsible for the elasticity of skin – and hydration.
As you age, your body starts generating less natural collagen – and begins to slow. Thus, cell structures get weakened. As a result, the skin becomes thinner and begins to sag. The loss of production of collagen after a certain age tends to wrinkle formation and dry skin.
How to Effectively Manage the Signs of Ageing on Skin?
Taking care of your skin inside out is the first step towards achieving your goal. To effectively manage the signs of ageing, all you need is an optimum collagen level, a clean and plant-based diet, hydrated skin, stress-free, and sleep-well life. Furthermore, proper supplementation for the skin can effectively manage the signs of ageing.
Additionally, you may also need to follow some measures to prevent these premature ageing signs:
- Better sleeping habits– Make a habit of sleeping at least 8 hours a day – as it boosts cell functioning.
- Start consuming a plant-based diet only – Keep a regular check on whatever you eat. Your diet plays an important role in premature ageing. Avoid eating super-rich food as it lessens the production of collagen.
- Consume Oziva’s Collagen Builder for better Collagen production– If you want a 100% natural and vegetarian route to build collagen naturally in the body you should consider OZiva Collagen Builder. It comes with oh-so-many health benefits. The OZiva Collagen Builder helps maintain healthy levels of Collagen, Keratin, and Elastin – 3 essential proteins that improve the skin’s natural glow.
- Hydrate your skin regularly to avoid ageing– Hydrate your face on a regular basis, as it helps nourish the skin better. As you grow older, the skin becomes drier. This is due to the loss of collagen in the body. As a result, your skin is prone to wrinkles. To avoid such casualties, you may opt for the OZiva Youth Elixir Serum. It helps keep your facial skin hydrated and furnishes an instantly fresh glow, while also helping to reduce those pesky wrinkles.
Coping with the Stressors of Ageing
Even if one wants to avoid getting older, nothing can completely prevent it. It can be more harmful to resist or deny ageing than to allow it to occur. Being able to embrace and accept that ageing is a natural process can help combat the stressors associated with ageing and allow you to get a healthy glow throughout your 20s, 30s and 40s
By maintaining one’s health – both physically and emotionally – one can cope with stressors associated with ageing. By taking anti-ageing supplements, one can keep their skin looking as young as possible for their age. Keeping to a healthy diet, staying physically and mentally active, and being honest about what one needs as one gets older are all ways to not just cope with getting older, but age gracefully as well.
Last modified: May 30, 2022