Understanding the science behind weight loss is most crucial before getting into the craze of it. To put it in very simple terms, you lose weight when you burn more calories than you consume and when there is more calorie intake than their expenditure, there is weight gain happening. The best approach towards achieving a desired weight goal is to stick to a pre-portioned or ideally sized meals (a healthy diet plan) and working out on a daily basis to ensure that whatever calories that you take in are also effectively used somewhere.
The best approach towards achieving a desired weight goal is to stick to a pre-portioned or ideally sized meals and working out on a daily basis to ensure that whatever calories that you take in are also effectively used somewhere.
You May Like: Best Whey Protein Powder for Women’s Weight Loss
Here are some tips to keep in mind when you go about your weight loss programs and your diet plan for weight loss:
- First and foremost you have to accept and understand that no amount of fad or crash dieting will give you the kind of results you want. Yes, maybe you will see some changes visibly while you are on the fad diet plan but unknown to you, it will be doing more harm than good to your body. That is why, no single food type can give you all the nutrients that you want. You will not get the results that you want from such a diet plan. You need to focus on getting everything on your plate in a balanced manner and ensure that everything is aptly portioned too. A balanced diet and a healthy diet plan is the best way to approach better health.
- When you go on weight loss programs or follow a diet plan for weight loss, don’t cancel out food groups/ nutrients. Surprisingly, most of us think that going on a diet plan means going high on green. Yes, increasing the consumption of greens or any vegetable for that matter, is great but that is not all ‘improving your diet plan’ is all about. If you want to lose weight, include a healthy amount of good quality proteins from natural food sources and supplements (if need be). Eat healthy carb types instead of completely omitting it out of your platter for a healthy diet plan.
- Do NOT skip meals. I repeat, do not skip meals. Whether it is breakfast, lunch or dinner. Whether you feel hungry or not, have something small like a fruit platter or a bowl of yogurt or a boiled egg if you do not feel like eating much, but eat something. Skipping meals, especially breakfast is almost next to committing a crime towards your body. It not only sends your metabolism out of whack after a while but it also sets in motion a cycle of unhealthy eating habits that only add on to your persisting weight. No healthy diet plan includes meal skips!
- Snack healthy in your diet plan. Because you are meant to eat a snack in between meals, don’t eat just anything that is easily available like chaat or vada pav or a packet of biscuits. Because these things are neither good in protein nor contain healthy carbs or fat, this will become an unhealthy choice for snack. Instead, have something simple like a whole fruit, a protein shake or chana/ peanuts or some trail mix for the best diet plan for weight loss.
- Limit and time stimulant intake (if any) well if you are following a diet plan for weight loss. Stimulants refers to tea, coffee, alcohol, and refined sugar. If you are taking caffeine as a part of a fat burner or supplement, you have to make sure it is not too close to your bedtime. Similarly, go easy on alcohol and sugar that add empty calories to your diet plan.
Suggested read – What Should Be The Protein Diet Plan For Weight Loss?
Here is a sample diet plan for weight loss:
|Pre workout diet plan:||If you take a fat burner, you can take the supplement here along with 1 big banana or a bowl of fruits or a peanut butter sandwich.|
|Post workout diet plan:||Protein shake + toast|
|Breakfast diet plan:||2 moong dal cheela OR omelette and 2 rotis OR oats pancakes + 1 cup of tea|
|Lunch diet plan:||1 big bowl of lentil soup/ Chicken soup with greens
2 rotis + big bowl of lentils + any vegetable or meat item + some salad
1 glass meal replacement shake as part of your diet plan for weight loss
|Dinner diet plan:||Same as lunch. You can alternate brown rice or Jowar/ Bajri bhakri for roti|
|Bedtime diet plan:||If hungry around bedtime, ensure that your healthy diet plan includes a cup of warm milk
1 small bowl of dahi
|*Snack options:||Choose from fruits, nuts, natural yoghourt, boiled sprouts, veggies and dip/ hummus/ protein shake, etc.|
Takeaway note regarding your diet plan for weight loss:
Mix a healthy diet plan and routine with a steady workout schedule to help reach your target goal. Also, don’t miss out on drinking a decent amount of water to prevent dehydration.
Add OZIVA Nutritional Meal Shake to Your Diet to achieve your weightloss goal
If you want a detailed nutrition consultation, drop us a mail at email@example.com or call us on 9769298556 and our experts will help you with your fitness goal
Last modified: September 5, 2023