Protein is one of the most essential macronutrients that make up our diet. It is more than necessary to help build muscles, repair and recover exercising muscle fibers, maintain healthy hair and skin, build DNA and RNA and whatnot! But the main cause of its use by fitness enthusiasts is for the simple reason of fat reduction and weight maintenance. In case you don’t get enough protein from your diet, you might want to try protein supplements, but one thing you might worry about is protein powder side effects.
Suggested Read: 5 Simple tricks to avoid bloating after drinking protein shakes
So, when you do go for a protein supplement, how do you know which one is not going to give you side effects?
As far as consumption of protein supplements is concerned, most people who have not had a good experience in terms of digestion will presume the idea that protein shakes come with side effects and should be avoided. But on the contrary, if you understand how protein shakes work, they are rather harmless and more beneficial.
The only “side effects” that protein shakes can lead to are something as harmless as:
- Bloating/ gas
- Stomach cramps
However, these are only temporary changes you will notice and only on 2 occasions, i.e., either you are intolerant to lactose in whey concentrates or if you take protein powder in excess. Once you swap whey concentrate with isolate or reduce the quantity of whey that you take, you will notice all of the above symptoms fade away.
Suggested Read: The Best Protein Powder in India with No Side Effects
Here is a list of things that you might be doing that you need to avoid to lower any protein powder side effects:
- You take your protein shake immediately after the workout ends- Suddenly getting into feast mode after workout disturbs the body’s attention and confuses it, leading to side effects from protein powder. It is already busy pumping blood to the recently exercised muscles. Without allowing your body to get through the transition from “worked up” to “resting” mode will upset the stomach and its content, leading to protein powder side effects.
- Consuming a lot of filler ingredients lead to protein powder side effects- Most products contain high amounts of sugar or sugar substitutes or inulin (fruit carbohydrate) in so many quantities, that it becomes difficult for the body to absorb them. Unabsorbed food means undigested bolus which remains in your intestine creating protein powder side effects like more gas and bloating.
- Downing your shake in a hurry- Drinking or eating hurriedly can often result in overconsumption. Suddenly hitting the stomach with the drink as you take huge gulps can result in protein powder side effects like creating gas and will make you feel uneasy. If the reason you chug down your shake fast is because you are thirsty or very hungry by the time workout is done, then make it a point to keep sipping water in between and have a pre workout snack before starting to prevent these protein powder side effects.
Add OZIVA Protein & Herbs Shake to Your Diet if your diet is lacking in proteins. You can safely consume Protein & Herbs without any protein powder side effects.
If you want a detailed nutrition consultation, drop us a mail at email@example.com or call us on 9769298556 and our experts will help you with your fitness goal.
- whey protein powder
- protein powder
- protein shakes
- protein powder for women
- protein powder for men
- vegan protein powder
- nutrition products
- vitamins and minerals
- multivitamin tablets
- immune booster
- biotin capsules
- face glow serum
- multivitamin tablets for men
- protein for women
- serum for face whitening
- multivitamin tablets for women
- anti ageing cream
- anti ageing serum
- vitamin e capsule