One of the most important things you can do to ensure a successful fitness plan is to drink enough water. You need to look no further than your own kitchen. All you need is a little bit of dedication until you form a habit of drinking away at the health tonic-water!
According to Nutrition sciences, healthy intake for women is up to 2 litres and for men, 2.5-3 litres per day. Your daily intake of water is affected by age, weight, activity level and environmental factors such as altitude.
Read on to know the top 7 reasons to consume more water everyday.
- The human body is designed to last for weeks without food supply, but can last only for so long witho ut water. As the body cannot store water, we need fresh supplies every day to make up for the losses (urine, breath, perspiration, etc.)
- Water plays a crucial in the maintenance of several body functions like proper digestion, absorption of the necessary nutrients as well as carrying out the waste from the body.
- No other liquid might be able to do the work of water- soft drinks/ sugar laden drinks and alcoholic drinks take away more water from the body, while beverages like coffee and tea act as diuretics thereby causing your body to remove more water and you feel dehydrated.
- Water helps you lose weight! That’s right- this easily accessible health tonic does indeed help you manage your weight by improving your metabolism and increasing your fat burning ability. The best part- it is absolutely free!
- Already on a weight-loss regime? All the more reason to drink tons of water additionally! Drinking water is important during weight loss because it provides hydration without any unwanted calories. Also, when you drink more water, you tend to cut down on mindless munching in between meals; drinking a good 300-500 ml 30 minutes before your meal prevents you from overeating.
- Among the many benefits of drinking water is, improving your water intake throughout the day helps you flush out the wastes from the body which is especially important when you have been working out, to help drive out all the toxin that gets accumulated as your fat metabolism increases and fat burning happens.
- Make your fluid intake interesting- try adding in more flavour to your water by trying out various ways to make your water interesting. You can choose from plentiful of options like opting for green tea or lemon tea, trying to get in more of soups into your meals for that extra crunch and benefits from fiber as well. Eat your water- eat more of fruits and vegetables with higher water content Or just infuse your favourite fruits with clear water for a calorie-free drink with natural fruits and a flavour party in your mouth!
If you want your diet to work- make the most of water and drink up to good, sparkling health!